Vacation, internship, study or work: how to prepare for going abroad

Travel is adventure, but this does not mean you cannot take precautions so that your stay does not turn into a nightmare, whether you are going on vacation, studies, an internship, a job or a international volunteering, here are some indications that could facilitate your expatriation.

The first thing is to make sure that your papers are in order.In the European Union and neighboring countries (Switzerland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Andorra) a valid identity card is sufficient.But most other countries now require a biometric passport that you must carry out at town halls equipped with the appropriate equipment (digital photograph and fingerprinting).The procedure can take two months, it is better to do it in advance.Same advice for the visa which, depending on the country, may take time to be issued.Beware, some countries may also require that the expiry date of the passport exceeds the date of return by several months.Information directly with the consulate or the embassy of the country , to be found on the directory of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

To what extent will your care abroad be reimbursed? Within the framework of a professional secondment, which concerns in particular the civil servants, you can continue to benefit from the advantages of the social security.But an expatriation to study or work makes you dependent on the social security system of the country of destination.information on this page from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Posted Date: 2021-01-15

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.